ABOUT RYBURN 3 STEPRyburn 3 Step is a not-for-profit independent folk development group which organises a range of regular activities and special events in and around the Ryburn Valley, near Halifax, West Yorkshire, England.
We are a group of amateur, semi-professional and professional folk musicians, singers and dancers living in and around the valley, and we call ourselves “3 Step” because we cover Song, Music and Dance – past, present, and future – within the Folk Music tradition.
In the past, we have organised a variety of activities within the area including:
- A monthly series of Folk Club nights (September – June)
- A regular programme of Barn Dances
- An Appalachian Step dance group
- A traditional Yorkshire Longsword dance team (Wednesdays)
- A Singing Group
- A seasonal Mummers play
- Workshops and occasional Folk days
- Pub music sessions
- Promoting folk arts in schools and local organisations, in and beyond the region